Optical industries @ECOC 2018
Welcome at the 44th EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON OPTICAL COMMUNICATION
ECOC is one of the long-standing events in the field of optical communication and the leading European conference in the field. The latest progress in optical communication technologies in selected papers, keynotes, presentations and special symposia will be reported here.
Parallel to the scientific conference, the ECOC exhibition covers a wide range of optical communication products and services.
ECOC is open for researchers and students, product developers, sales managers and telecommunication market developers. More than 1,000 scientists and researchers from research institutions and companies from across the world are taking part in this international forum every year.
Optical technology, made in Berlin & Brandenburg @ECOC 2018
11 Companies, research institutes and projects from the Berlin and Brandenburg optical industry sector show their own pioneering and valuable solutions:
- Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications / Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI)
- HOLOEYE Photonics AG
- IHP innovations for high performance GmbH
- L3Matrix, c/o Fraunhofer IZM
- Novoptel GmbH
- "PHOENIX+ Project", c/o Berlin Partner for Business and Technology GmbH
- "Photonics Cluster B-BB",c/o Berlin Partner for Nusiness and Technology GmbH
- PolyPhotonics Berlin, c/o Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications / Heinrich-Hertz-Institut (HHI)
- Sicoya GmbH
- SHF Communication Technologies AG
- VPIphotonics GmbH
The Berlin-Brandenburg joint exhibition stand for small and medium-sized companies, and scientific institutions is organized by Berlin Partner in partnership with IHK Berlin and with funding provided by the state of Berlin.
Hall 3, Booth #300 - #311 | Fiera di Roma | Viale Alexandre Gustave Eiffel 79 (East entrance) | 00148, Roma
Sept, 26: International Symposium on Hybrid PIC's
Hybrid photonic integration enables the development of high-performance components that are complex and costeffective at the same time. This symposium covers the complete process chain from materials via simulation and fabrication to the final assembly and showcases applications of hybrid PICs in communications and analytics.
Chair: Hercules Avramopoulos, ICCS/NTUA, Greece
- Martin Schell, Fraunhofer HHI, Germany.
- Takaaki Ishigure, Keio University, Japan.
- Hideyuki Nawata, Nissan Chemical Industries Ltd., Japan.
- Michael Lebby, Lightwave Logic Inc., USA.
- Christos Kouloumentas, ICCS/NTUA, Greece.
- Christian Koos, Vanguard Photonics GmbH, Germany.
- Douwe Geuzebroek, LioniX International BV, Netherlands.
- Tadao Nagatsuma, Osaka University, Japan.
- André Richter, VPIphotonics GmbH, Germany.
- Ignazio Piacentini, ficonTEC GmbH, Germany.
- Paraskevas Bakopoulos, Mellanox Technologies Ltd., Israel.
- Guillermo Carpintero, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
- Bernhard Schrenk, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Austria
The Berlin-Brandenburg presentation: www.berlin-partner.de
The International Symposium on Hybrid PIC's: Have al look at the flyer!
header image: The Colosseum in Rome | (c) pexels.com